Texas Poker Supply banner Poker DIY banner Home Poker Tourney Forums
* How To Host a Poker Tournament
Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email? Sep 24, 2017 at 13:30
Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
:
:

^ 

Use the arrows at the
top to close this sidebar

: [1]
: Robert's Rules version 10 is out  ( 6737 )
AceKingNeverWins
Regular
: 231

« : Mar 14, 2007 at 21:22 »

Robert’s Rules just released version 10. In a period of less then 3 weeks, it went from version 8 to version 10. You can download version 10 here http://www.pokercoach.us I have listed the changes from version 8 to version 10 below.  There were a few wording changes and some changes to the rules to be compatible with the new TDA rules.

3- General Poker Rules
Betting and Raising

Change in verbage. Was rule 11 in version 8.
11. Deliberately acting out of turn will not be tolerated. A player who checks out of turn may not bet or raise on the next turn to act. A player who has called out of turn may not change his wager to a raise on the next turn to act. An action or verbal declaration out of turn is binding unless the action to that player is subsequently changed by a bet or raise. If there is an intervening call, an action may be ruled binding.

4- Button and Blind Use

Change in verbage. Was rule 3 in version 8
9. A player posting a blind in the game’s regular structure has the option of raising the pot at the first turn to act. This option to raise is retained if someone goes all-in with a wager of less than the minimum raise.

-------
Rule 9 in version 8 was removed
When you post the big blind, it serves as your opening bet. When it is your time to act, you have the option to raise.

-------
This rule was added
14. If you move closer to the big blind, you can be dealt in without penalty.

Section 5- Hold ‘Em

Change in verbage
9. You must declare that you are playing the board before you throw your cards away. Otherwise, you relinquish all claim to the pot. (The rule for tournament play is you must retain your hand and show it if asked, in order to win part of the pot.)

Section 14- No Limit and Pot Limit
No Limit

Change in verbage
2. The minimum bet size is the amount of the minimum bring-in, unless the player is going all-in. The minimum bring-in is the size of the big blind unless the structure of the game is preset by the house to some other amount (such as double the big blind). The minimum bet remains the same amount on all betting rounds. If the big blind does not have sufficient chips to post the required amount, a player who enters the pot on the initial betting round is still required to enter for at least the minimum bet (unless going all-in for a lesser sum) and a preflop raiser must at least double the size of the big blind. At all other times, when someone goes all-in for less than the minimum bet, a player has the option of just calling the all-in amount. If a player goes all-in for an amount that is less than the minimum bet, a player who wishes to raise must raise at least the amount of the minimum bet. For example, if the minimum bet is $100, and a player goes all-in on the flop for $20, a player may fold, call $20, or raise to at least a total of $120.

-------
Change in verbage. Was rule 12 in version 8
11. If a player tries to bet or raise less than the legal minimum and has more chips, the wager must be increased to the proper size (but no greater). This does not apply to a player who has unintentionally put too much in to call.

-------
Verbage change in bold. Was rule 15 in version 8
12. Because the amount of a wager at big-bet poker has such a wide range, a player who has taken action based on a gross misunderstanding of the amount wagered may receive some protection by the decision-maker. Rest is unchanged.

-------
Rule 16 and rule 3 from verion 8 were combined in one rule.
15. In non-tournament games, one optional live straddle is allowed. The player who posts the straddle has last action for the first round of betting and is allowed to raise. To straddle, a player must be on the immediate left of the big blind, and must post an amount twice the size of the big blind. A straddle bet sets a new minimum bring-in; it is not treated as a raise.

15- Tournaments

Rules 16 and 17 from version 8 were combined with some changes in verbage
16. New players to a table as a result of balancing tables are dealt in immediately unless they are in the small blind or button position, where they must wait until the button has passed to the player on their left. The number of players at each table will be kept reasonably balanced by the transfer of a player as needed. With more than six tables, table size will be kept within two players. With six tables or less, table size will be kept within one player.
« : Mar 17, 2007 at 10:36 AceKingNeverWins »
ky70
Regular
: 1712

« #1 : Mar 15, 2007 at 03:12 »

3- General Poker Rules
Betting and Raising

Change in verbage. Was rule 11 in version 8.
11. Deliberately acting out of turn will not be tolerated. A player who checks out of turn may not bet or raise on the next turn to act. A player who has called out of turn may not change his wager to a raise on the next turn to act. An action or verbal declaration out of turn is binding unless the action to that player is subsequently changed by a bet or raise. If there is an intervening call, an action may be ruled binding.
Looks to be in line with the TDA ruling with regards to a player being held to their action if the intervening action is a call.  This may be a oversight (or not yet updated), but this rule still reads the "old way" in the RR version for home games on Bob's site.

Section 14- No Limit and Pot Limit
No Limit

Change in verbage
2. The minimum bet size is the amount of the minimum bring-in, unless the player is going all-in. The minimum bring-in is the size of the big blind unless the structure of the game is preset by the house to some other amount (such as double the big blind). The minimum bet remains the same amount on all betting rounds. If the big blind does not have sufficient chips to post the required amount, a player who enters the pot on the initial betting round is still required to enter for at least the minimum bet (unless going all-in for a lesser sum) and a preflop raiser must at least double the size of the big blind. At all other times, when someone goes all-in for less than the minimum bet, a player has the option of just calling the all-in amount. If a player goes all-in for an amount that is less than the minimum bet, a player who wishes to raise must raise at least the amount of the minimum bet. For example, if the minimum bet is $100, and a player goes all-in on the flop for $20, a player may fold, call $20, or raise to at least a total of $120.

I think this rule reads clearer now.

Thanks AK for the headsup.
« : Mar 15, 2007 at 03:25 ky70 »
Headstone
Regular
: 186

« #2 : Mar 15, 2007 at 09:39 »

15- Tournaments

Rules 16 and 17 from version 8 were combined with some changes in verbage
16. New players to a table as a result of balancing tables are dealt in immediately unless they are in the small blind or button position, where they must wait until the button has passed to the player on their left. The number of players at each table will be kept reasonably balanced by the transfer of a player as needed. With more than six tables, table size will be kept within two players. With six tables or less, table size will be kept within one player.

Had this problem crop up at the tournament last night.... I had it right. The guy coming in was wrong. He was OK to not post the small blnd but wanted to come in as the dealer and get cards.

Headstone

Scotch - Because the world's problems were not solved over a glass of white wine.
AceKingNeverWins
Regular
: 231

« #3 : Mar 15, 2007 at 19:23 »

Looks to be in line with the TDA ruling with regards to a player being held to their action if the intervening action is a call.  This may be a oversight (or not yet updated), but this rule still reads the "old way" in the RR version for home games on Bob's site.
I do not think the home version has been updated for quite some time.
OMG_Beavers
Regular
: 715

« #4 : Mar 17, 2007 at 02:00 »

I saw something interesting in CardPlayer this month.  In the "Ask Jack" column someone wrote into Jack McClelland with a question and referred to RR.  Jack actually said that he wasn't familiar with Robert's Rules... I found that interesting.

Hey, any time a man wants to give Midnight Rose something, well, she'll take it.
ky70
Regular

« #5 : Mar 17, 2007 at 11:03 »

I saw something interesting in CardPlayer this month.  In the "Ask Jack" column someone wrote into Jack McClelland with a question and referred to RR.  Jack actually said that he wasn't familiar with Robert's Rules... I found that interesting.
Not trying to be funny here but who is Jack McClelland?
Buzzerbeater
Regular
: 1154

« #6 : Mar 17, 2007 at 11:29 »

Bellagio Tournament  director and former head Tournament Director for the WSOP.
ky70
Regular

« #7 : Mar 17, 2007 at 12:02 »

Bellagio Tournament  director and former head Tournament Director for the WSOP.
Thanks.  I wonder if his repsonse would have been different if he was asked about poker rules written by Bob Ciaffone instead of "Robert Rues"...maybe not but I'm surprised he hasn't heard of those rules.
« : Mar 17, 2007 at 12:19 ky70 »
: [1]
Home Poker Tourney Forums  |  Poker Rules  |  Rules of Poker & Poker Dealer Errors  |  Topic: Robert's Rules version 10 is out