Texas Poker Supply banner Poker DIY banner Home Poker Tourney Forums
* How To Host a Poker Tournament
Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email? Sep 24, 2017 at 13:29
Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
:
:

^ 

Use the arrows at the
top to close this sidebar

: [1]
: FlamingFrogPoker.com Freeroll on Feb. 2nd @ 10pm  ( 9003 )
nutN2Lewz
Administrator
Regular
: 3670

« : Jan 17, 2011 at 17:18 »

FlamingFrogPoker.com

FLAMING FROG FREEROLL
$25 Gift Certificate
Wednesday, Feb. 2nd @ 10pm ET
Heads-up (1 vs. 1)

FlamingFrogPoker.com will be sponsoring an HPT Freeroll on Wednesday, February 2nd at 10pm ET. This is a free heads-up (one versus one) no limit Hold'em poker tournament with the winner receiving a $25 gift certificate from FlamingFrogPoker.com! This game will take place in the new HomePokerTourney Club at PokerStars!

The Game ...

To Register ...

• Open an HPT Forums account (if you don't already have one) by clicking on the Register icon near the top of this page.
  • Open a PokerStars account (if you don't already have one). You do not have to deposit money into your PokerStars account.
  • Join the HomePokerTourney Home Game Club at PokerStars ...
    ----- Open the main poker lobby at PokerStars, then click on the Home Games tab.
    ----- Click the 'Join a Poker Club' button.
    ----- Enter my Club ID number: 41840.
    ----- Enter my Invitation Code: HPTNUTNjan.
    ----- Enter your HPT Forums username under "Your name".
  • Wait for your membership to be approved by me. This could take minutes or hours.
  • Register in the game ...
    ----- Open the main poker lobby at PokerStars, then click on the Home Games tab.
    ----- Ensure that 'HomePokerTourney' is highlighted under 'My Poker Clubs'.
    ----- Click 'Tournaments' beside 'My Scheduled Games'.
    ----- Highlight the game that you want to register in.
    ----- Click on 'Register'.

Please note that registration is not open until 2 weeks before the start time of the game.

HPT Freeroll League
This game is not part of the yearly HPT Freeroll League.

Please click on this image if you want to open a PokerStars account ...

Good luck, nutn
« : Feb 03, 2011 at 02:36 nutN2Lewz »
nutN2Lewz
Administrator
Regular

« #1 : Jan 17, 2011 at 17:51 »

Please note that registration for the Flaming Frog Freeroll will not open until 2 weeks before the tournament begins. This is a PokerStars limitation.

Good luck, nutn
nutN2Lewz
Administrator
Regular

« #2 : Feb 02, 2011 at 14:01 »

Don't forget about this Flaming Frog Freeroll tonight at 10pm!

This is a Headsup tournament (1 vs. 1) sponsored by FlamingFrogPoker.com! The winner will receive a $25 gift certificate from FlamingFrogPoker!

Good luck, nutn
nutN2Lewz
Administrator
Regular

« #3 : Feb 02, 2011 at 14:31 »

Please keep in mind that this is a headsup tournament. Here is the PokerStars Heads Up format ...

HEADS-UP TOURNAMENTS

Another form of a shootout tournament is a Heads-Up tournament, also called a 1-on-1 tournament. This is a tournament where players are matched in pairs, and play a ‘bracket’ tournament until there is only one player left.  Just as in other shootout tournaments late registration is not allowed in Heads-Up tournaments.

There may not always be a number divisible by the power of two (2, 4, 8, 16, 32, 64) registered for a particular Heads-Up tournament, which is necessary to fill a heads-up bracket.  When this happens, not all players will be able to play the first round – they will receive ‘byes’.

For example, if 10 players enter a Heads-Up tournament, there would be more than 8 but fewer than 16 players. In order to play the tournament out properly, the tournament will first need to be brought down to 8 players. In order to get the number down from 10 to 8 players, 4 players will play (thus eliminating two) and 6 players will get a ‘bye’ and are automatically in the quarter-finals.

We offer Heads-Up tournaments with byes and without byes.  This is clearly marked if you click the ‘Tournament Info’ button in the tournament lobby. If a tournament does not allow ‘byes’, the last players to register may have their buy-ins returned in order to get the event to an ‘even’ starting total of players. In the above example (with 10 players entered) the last two players to register would not get to play, as 8 is the lower number to fill a bracket.

Many Heads-Up tournaments have a ‘Show Bracket’ button in the lobby where you can see a visual representation of how the matches will play out.
Flaming Frog Poker
HPT Advertiser
Regular
: 502

« #4 : Feb 02, 2011 at 23:01 »

HMMM - looks like 10 tables with a bye. 
holdemholmes
Regular
: 1889

« #5 : Feb 02, 2011 at 23:22 »

HMMM - looks like 10 tables with a bye. 
And one of the tables both players are sitting out....we could be here all night...

"...she set you up with the old check and raise...."
nutN2Lewz
Administrator
Regular

« #6 : Feb 02, 2011 at 23:35 »

Couple problems already ...

1. Sitting out the first round is a drag

2. There is a table with two "Sitting out" players. Neither player ever bets. The game will never end until the blinds get so huge that one player is all-in. That should only take about four hours! I have alrerady emailed PokerStars support.

Good luck, nutn
links_slayer
Regular
: 3492

« #7 : Feb 02, 2011 at 23:52 »

you can run and tell that!
Flaming Frog Poker
HPT Advertiser
Regular

« #8 : Feb 02, 2011 at 23:57 »

I vote hyper turbo from now on!!
Flaming Frog Poker
HPT Advertiser
Regular

« #9 : Feb 03, 2011 at 00:06 »

2. There is a table with two "Sitting out" players. Neither player ever bets. The game will never end until the blinds get so huge that one player is all-in. That should only take about four hours! I have alrerady emailed PokerStars support.

Good luck, nutn

Did Support answer you?
nutN2Lewz
Administrator
Regular

« #10 : Feb 03, 2011 at 00:08 »

I think that PokerStars support just killed the table with two players sitting out.

Looks like this will be the first and last 1v1 tournament. Sitting out the first round sucks. Waiting for other players to finish their game sucks.

Good luck, nutn
nutN2Lewz
Administrator
Regular

« #11 : Feb 03, 2011 at 00:20 »

Thank you for your email regarding PokerStars Home Games.

Unfortunately we are unable to grant your request. Once a tournament has started, there is no way to manually 'kill' a table, even if players are sitting out.

Please note that after a number of hands where all players are sitting out, however, the largest stack will win automatically. After reviewing the table you mentioned, this seems to have happened already. Please refer to our Tournament Rules:

"In Shootout and Heads-Up events, if all players at a table are disconnected and / or sitting out for a large number of hands (typically 250 hands or more in real money tournaments), the match will end and the player with the most chips will advance to the next round. "

http://www.pokerstars.com/poker/tournaments/rules/

Please let us know if we can assist you further. We wish you the best of luck in your Home Games.

Regards,

PokerStars Support Team

Flaming Frog Poker
HPT Advertiser
Regular

« #12 : Feb 03, 2011 at 00:38 »

Thanks for having this!  If the winner will email me - Mike@FlamingFrogPoker.com - I will get the gift certificate sent right out.

I would like to suggest that we do much quicker structures in the future.  I understand that people want to get a little play but a 10PM start time makes it real tough on those of us that get up at 5AM.  Plus I really enjoy the turbo structure!

GN all
holdemholmes
Regular
: 1889

« #13 : Feb 03, 2011 at 00:45 »

Thanks for having this!  If the winner will email me - Mike@FlamingFrogPoker.com - I will get the gift certificate sent right out.

I would like to suggest that we do much quicker structures in the future.  I understand that people want to get a little play but a 10PM start time makes it real tough on those of us that get up at 5AM.  Plus I really enjoy the turbo structure!

GN all
I agree...I think another HU would work with a 5min structure...that would be plenty of time.

"...she set you up with the old check and raise...."
gweeb
Regular
: 234

« #14 : Feb 03, 2011 at 09:44 »

it was the first shootout ...... and last i think unless you can start with bigger Big Blind and only 5 mins and maybe start off with antes..... that might work.....
links_slayer
Regular
: 3492

« #15 : Feb 03, 2011 at 18:33 »

Thanks to Flaming Frog for the chance at the gift certificate.  It was a good time (despite the whiners).

I got pwn3d in the finals....had a pretty good chip lead (>3:1) and donked it away in no time.  lolz
Flaming Frog Poker
HPT Advertiser
Regular

« #16 : Mar 25, 2011 at 00:11 »

Is there another game scheduled?
: [1]
Home Poker Tourney Forums  |  HPT Online Games  |  HPT Freerolls  |  Topic: FlamingFrogPoker.com Freeroll on Feb. 2nd @ 10pm